Recipe by TrueBlueGirl
Found this is a Family Circle mini cookbook called New Style Salads and prepared it for a BBQ with friends recently. It was an absolute smash!! Everyone wanted the recipe!
Top Review by JustJanS
Wonderful, thanks for posting. The dressing is amazing and goes so well with the yummy blend of crispy bacon, creamy avocado and sweet tomatoes. I kne I'd love the dressing, so made extra and will have it again tomorrow night!
- 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 250 g rind less bacon
- 100 g green salad leaves
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 avocados, cut into 1 . 5cm chunks
- 450 g tomatoes, cut into 1 . 5cm chunks
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180deg. Place garlic on baking tray and roast for 30 mins, allow garlic to cool and then squeeze out the flesh and mash in a small bowl.
- Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and dijon mustard and whish well together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chop bacon into bite sized pieces, then grill or dry fry for 3-5 mins or until crisp.
- Place salad leaves into bowl and add bacon, onion, tomato and avocado. Toss well.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients again to ensure they are mixed well and then pour over salad.