Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found in Cooking Club magazine.
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- 12 ounces gemelli pasta or 12 ounces rotini pasta
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 small summer squash, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 avocados, chopped (3 cups)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces sugar snap peas, cut into 3/4-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat 10 minutes or until browned and crisp, turning once. Drain on paper towels; coarsely chop. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the bacon drippings in skillet.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat reserved 2 tablespoons bacon drippings in skillet over medium heat until hot. Cook onion and 1 tablespoon of the lime juice 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add squash and garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in salt and pepper; place in large bowl.
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium heat until hot. Add avocados, tomatoes, sugar snap peas and remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice; gently toss. Reduce heat to low; cook 2 to 3 minutes or just until warm, stirring occasionally.
- Add avocado mixture to bowl with onion mixture, along with pasta and reserved pasta water; toss gently. Sprinkle with cheese.