Feast Your Eyes!'s Note:
Are you hungry, but not starving? In a hurry, with only minutes to spare for preparing a meal? Too hot to stand over an outdoor grill, and much too hot to turn on the oven? Sounds like it's a SALAD NIGHT! This cool, crunchy salad features a medley of colorful and tasty ingredients that make it a tummy-satisfying, full-flavored entree. Rich in flavor and texture, the avocado pairs terrifficly with the smoky bacon, the tangy blue cheese, the juicy tomatoes, and the simple, classic boiled egg. This salad is not only delicious, but very nutritious. ENJOY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 large garlic cloves, halved
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 3 -4 avocados (depending upon size)
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1/4 lb Roquefort cheese or 1/4 lb gorgonzola, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions (garnish)
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil (rub between fingers to waken flavor)
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme (rub between fingers to waken flavor)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 large garlic clove, halved
- 1 tablespoon yellow onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2Pan-fry the bacon until crunchy; drain and pat-dry with paper towels. Crumble; set aside.
- 3Rub the salad bowl with the cut garlic. Chill the bowl in the frig.
- 4Wash and drain the lettuce leaves; pat dry with paper towels. Tear leaves into bite-size pieces; add to the chilled bowl.
- 5To the lettuce add the remaining salad ingredients (except the green onions); gently toss.
- 6Pour the French Dressing (directions below) over the salad; gently toss while coating all the ingredients with the dressing.
- 7Garnish salad with the bacon and green onions. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 8FRENCH DRESSING:.
- 9To a re-sealable container add all the ingredients; shake thoroughly. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Remove the garlic before serving.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado, Bacon and Egg Salad
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 681.9
- Calories from Fat 589
- Total Fat 65.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 166.0 mg
- Sodium 818.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 12.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar