This is my favorite company salad, especially in nice weather. Good with dinner or brunch/lunch. It looks and tastes fantastic and my guests always ask for the recipe. I adapted it from Martha Stewart but it's amazingly easy. (Also, despite the richness of the bacon and avocado, I figured it as only 4 weight watchers points per serving for 6 servings, 6 pts for 4!) I love this salad and I hope you enjoy it, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices bacon (I prefer thick-cut, hickory-smoked)
- 1 1/2 bags pre-washed organic field greens or 1 1/2 bags baby greens (enough to cover large shallow serving dish)
- tomatoes or yellow tomatoes, of different sizes (I use roma, grape, and little yellow ones, again enough to cover dish)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Cook bacon until crisp and drain strips on paper towel.
- 2Make dressing by mixing mashed avocado through salt and pepper well; adjust ingredients to taste and desired thickness.
- 3Arrange greens on platter and lightly salt and pepper.
- 4Drizzle greens with half of the dressing.
- 5Slice large tomatoes and halve small ones.
- 6Arrange tomatoes on top of greens and dressing, biggest on the bottom.
- 7Arrange whole bacon strips on top of tomatoes, drizzle with remaining dressing, add salt and pepper to taste, and serve at once!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado B.L.T. Salad
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.2
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 10.8 mg
- Sodium 136.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: