Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great-tasting summer side-dish for barbecues. It's pretty, too!
Make and share this Avocado-Asparagus Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Prep time includes chilling.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and chop cucumbers. Sprinkle with sea salt and let stand 25 minutes. Drain well.
- Peel and chop avocados. Toss with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Chop onion and asparagus into small pieces, discarding the tough ends of the asparagus.
- Toss with olive oil and roast in the oven for 20 minutes, or until onions are transparent.
- Allow asparagus and onion to cool. Drain on a paper towel.
- Mix asparagus, onion, cucumber, and avocado.
- Add fresh dill, sour cream, bacon bits, and red pepper. (Seasoning can be increased or reduced according to taste.).
- Garnish with fresh dill and chopped almonds.
- Chill for one hour.