1 hr 30 mins
This is a great-tasting summer side-dish for barbecues. It's pretty, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prep time includes chilling.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Peel and chop cucumbers. Sprinkle with sea salt and let stand 25 minutes. Drain well.
- 4Peel and chop avocados. Toss with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- 5Chop onion and asparagus into small pieces, discarding the tough ends of the asparagus.
- 6Toss with olive oil and roast in the oven for 20 minutes, or until onions are transparent.
- 7Allow asparagus and onion to cool. Drain on a paper towel.
- 8Mix asparagus, onion, cucumber, and avocado.
- 9Add fresh dill, sour cream, bacon bits, and red pepper. (Seasoning can be increased or reduced according to taste.).
- 10Garnish with fresh dill and chopped almonds.
- 11Chill for one hour.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado-Asparagus Salad
Serving Size: 1 (519 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.0
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 12.6 mg
- Sodium 625.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 7.5 g