Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great little appetizer from the California Avocado Commision. You may leave out the egg yolks or add them in!
- Slice each egg in half lengthwise removing egg yolks.
- Use egg yolks in another recipe. (Or, for a different twist, coarsely chop the yolks and add in with avocado).
- Cut avocado in half and remove seed. Peel avocado and cube.
- In a bowl combine the avocado, lemon juice and garlic mashing to blend. Stir in green onions and capers, if using.
- Fill each egg white with avocado mixture.
- Garnish with bell pepper. Serve. Enjoy!
These went very quickly for a lunchtime appetizer. If you mix the yolk with the avocado it tastes similar to a deviled egg. Don't skip the capers as they really add to the recipe. We also seasoned lightly with salt.
Made these at camp for my friends to try and they were rated a 5. I really enjoyed these also, will make them again. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
GREAT entertaining dish, TRUE! Made them WITH and WITHOUT egg yolks too! Something different, cause people to enquire, Asking for the recipe is what they did desire! Thanks!