Recipe by Sharon123
A great little appetizer from the California Avocado Commision. You may leave out the egg yolks or add them in!
Top Review by cookiedog
These went very quickly for a lunchtime appetizer. If you mix the yolk with the avocado it tastes similar to a deviled egg. Don't skip the capers as they really add to the recipe. We also seasoned lightly with salt.
- 12 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 2 ripe Hass avocadoes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions or 2 tablespoons shallots
- 2 teaspoons capers, mashed (optional)
- red bell pepper, slivers (or yellow or green)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice each egg in half lengthwise removing egg yolks.
- Use egg yolks in another recipe. (Or, for a different twist, coarsely chop the yolks and add in with avocado).
- Cut avocado in half and remove seed. Peel avocado and cube.
- In a bowl combine the avocado, lemon juice and garlic mashing to blend. Stir in green onions and capers, if using.
- Fill each egg white with avocado mixture.
- Garnish with bell pepper. Serve. Enjoy!