Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Favorite Vegetarian Recipes cookbook. They recommend serving this soup chilled, like most avocado recipes, but I just can't eat cold soup, so I serve it warm.
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup corn (canned or frozen)
- 2 tomatoes, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups vegetable stock
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Pell the avocado and mash the flesh with a fork, stir in the lemon juice and set to the side.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add corn, tomatoes, garlic, leek, and chile. Saute over low heat for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
- Put half the vegetable muxture in a blender or food processor, along with the avocado. Process until smooth. Put the mixture in a clean pan.
- Add vegetable stock, milk, and remaining vegetables and cook on low for 3-4 minutes. Transfer to warmed serving bowls and serve immediately, or cover and chill for 4 hours.