Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple, but simply delicious sandwich! I grew up on tomato and mayo sandwiches, but recently decided to add avocados. I've never looked back, YUM!! Do not attempt this recipe with a store bought, tasteless tomato! This recipe makes two sandwiches.
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 tomatoes, sliced (vine-ripened)
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 slices soft white bread
- Evenly spread mayo on 2 slices of bread.
- Arrange slices of tomato and avocado on top of mayo.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Top off with last two pieces of bread.
I made mine with pesto and it was good!
I make this same sandwich, but add a little mustard with the mayo. For variety I often add a slice of cheese and/or crisp slices of bacon.
I made one sandwich using a whole small avocado.I didn't measure the mayo, and I had a most wonderful tomato to use. I don't think the avocado adds much flavor to the tomato sandwich, but I do love biting into it. If there's an avocado in the house, I will have a hard time not using it on a tomato sandwich! Thanks thepitclub!!!