Top Review by Ambervim
Love the flavor of this one!!!! For a double batch, only had 1.25 lb tomatillos & used 5 tbs lime juice. I pulsed the onion and cilantro first. Removed it and pulsed the rest in order. Then added onion and cilantro back at the end for a final pulse. Less chopping and I am lazy.
- 3⁄4 lb fresh tomatillo
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 california avocados
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove husks and rinse tomatillos under warm water to remove stickiness.
- Heat a well-seasoned cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium-high heat until hot and lightly brown tomatillos and garlic, careful not to burn.
- Cool to room temperature.
- In a food processor purée tomatillos and garlic until smooth.
- Halve and pit avocados and scoop into tomatillo mixture.
- Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Stir in cilantro, lime juice, onion, salt and pepper.
- Serve with tortilla chips.