1/1 Photo of Avocado and Tofu Dressing
Wonderful accompaniment for fish and seafood even fried, chicken, vegetables, and salads. Original idea comes from Harumi Kurihara's book. She is sometimes quoted as a Julia Child of Japan - I think that's stretching it though. Be sure to use only silken or very, very soft tofu for this dish. This recipe tastes better after letting the taste meld in refrigerator for several hours. You can also omit cottage cheese and it works out fine. This recipe is to use expensive avocado to stretch it's taste and color and will not taste like guacamole with mostly all avocado.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Microwave silken tofu for 45 seconds to remove water.
- 2Or you can also wrap the tofu in kitchen towel or kitchen paper and place on a sieve for 30 to 45 minutes to drain.
- 3Peel the avocado and mix the flesh in a bowl with lemon or lime juice and mash.
- 4Using a fork break the tofu into bite size pieces and add to the avocado.
- 5Add cottage cheese, minced garlic, soy sauce, mayonnaise and salt and pepper.
- 6Refrigerate for several hours.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado and Tofu Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.9
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 2.6 mg
- Sodium 178.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: