Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I attended a cooking demonstration by Lisa Brink of Hod Hasharon. Lisa has her own cooking blog, www.deliciouskitchen.weebly.com, and has some wonderful ideas about cooking and presentation. This recipe comes from her Take Five class, recipes which contain five main ingredients and take five minites to prepare. What makes this dip stand out from all the rest is the addition of mint. At first it sounded weird to me, but upon tasting, wow, yum!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 teaspoons za'atar spice mix
- Scoop the flesh of the avocado into a food processor with the lemon juice, tahini paste, olive oil and garlic, salt and pepper and the mint leaves.
- Blend until smooth.
- Scrape into a bowl, garnish with the za'atar and drizzle with olive oil.
Oh, Yum!!! What a great change-up to the usual guacamole! We served this with hummus, veggies, and pita chips. Delicious! Since we can't get za'atar here, I used Mirj's recipe for za'atar as a loose "base" and it was excellent!
Yummy and healthy.
My DH loved this. He ate half the bowl of it himself and asked me to make it again tomorrow. It's so quick and easy. Thanks for posting.