Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a version of Giada's Avocado and Arugala pesto that I used when I didn't have all of the ingredients on hand. It tastes really rich and creamy so it's hard to believe that it's good for you! I added chicken to it but it would be great with shrimp too.
- 1 lb whole wheat pasta, your favorite, cooked
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 cup basil
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a food processor add basil, spinach, avocado, juice and zest of lime, olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper. Process until smooth and creamy.
- Add to cooked pasta and chicken. Mix in Parmesan cheese.
- Can be served warm or room temperature.