Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This is from Helen Corbitt's cookbook... I think my mom found this book at an antique store. This Helen character sounds like a hoot! I love avocados so.. we'll see how this goes...
- 1 1⁄2 cups avocados, mashed (2 whole avocados)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon green food coloring
- 2 egg whites
- raspberries, 1 package frozen.. sweetened
- Combine mashed avocado, lemon juice, lemon zest, orange juice, salt , and cream. Add the coloring.
- Set in a bowl of ice and salt and whip with an egg beater no and then until partially frozen.
- Then fold in the egg whites that have been beaten stiff. Pour into your freezing tray with alternate layers of frozen sweetened raspberries.
- Cover with wax paper and place in your freezer for 24 hours.
- When ready to serve, slice in the tray with a thin-bladed knife dipped in warm water. Remove and serve on chilled plates.