Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Taken from The Vegetarian 5- Ingredient Gourmet Cookbook, by Nava Atlas.
Make and share this Avocado and Pinto Bean Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup low-fat vinaigrette dressing
- to taste fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- Combine the beans, tomatoes, cilantro, vinaigrette, and pepper in a serving bowl and toss well.
- Just before serving, stir in the diced avacado.
Great salad!!!! I really like the pinto beans as a salad bean for a change!! Pour little guys always get stuck being refried beans!! The cilantro really makes this pop and I chose a vinaigrette that had citrus (Orange Honey Vinaigrette) in it to keep the avocados from turning so brown. Loved this, will make again!!