Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a Cuban recipe from Three Guys from Miami Cook Cuban. Make sure to use an extra virgin olive oil and don't forget to salt and pepper the dressing. This salad gets its sweetness from pineapple and a bit of sour flavor from the oil and vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 cups of fresh ripe pineapple chunks
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thin
- 1 large florida avocado, peeled and sliced
- fresh lime
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, orange juice, and sugar in a blender until smooth. Add salt and pepper to this mixture to taste. Lightly toss the lettuce, pineapple, and red onion together. Pour on the oil and vinegar mixture until everything is well coated. Adjust the amount used to your own preference, more or less.
- Garnish individual salads with several avocado slices lightly seasoned with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lime juice.
I love this salad. I took a recreational cooking class and this exact recipe is one of the things we made and it was so good I couldnt even tell you what else we had with it. YUM
Very nice, simple and refreshing!
This recipe was a welcome relief from a typical fruit-style salad. I personally can't eat the onions, but my BH said they worked well with the fruit & avocado. I personally didn't get too much from the avocado, but enjoyed the dressing very much. I think we'll kick it up a bit next time and add black olives & almonds or cashews.