Served as one of a variety of salads or alone, this tasty salad is sure to please. The dressing is fairly sharp, yet tastes wonderfully fresh. From vegetarian and vegetable cooking by Christine Ingram.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/4 cups fish stock or 3 1/4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1/4 cups pasta shells or 1 1/4 cups bow tie pasta
- 4 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro, plus some whole leaves for garnish
- 1 cup grated aged cheddar cheese
For the dressing
- 1Bring the stock to a boil, add pasta and simmer for about 10 minutes until just cooked. Drain and cool under cold running water.
- 2Mix the celery, avocados, garlic and chopped cilantro in a bowl and add the cooled pasta. Sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- 3To make the dressing, place all the ingredients in a food proccessor and proccess until the cilantro is finely chopped. Pour over the salad and toss before serving. Garnish with cilantro.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado and Pasta Salad With Cilantro
Serving Size: 1 (443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 742.5
- Calories from Fat 559
- Total Fat 62.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 31.5 mg
- Sodium 512.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 17.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of