Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Served as one of a variety of salads or alone, this tasty salad is sure to please. The dressing is fairly sharp, yet tastes wonderfully fresh. From vegetarian and vegetable cooking by Christine Ingram.
- 3 1⁄4 cups fish stock or 3 1⁄4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1⁄4 cups pasta shells or 1 1⁄4 cups bow tie pasta
- 4 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro, plus some whole leaves for garnish
- 1 cup grated aged cheddar cheese
For the dressing
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- 1 teaspoon French mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- Bring the stock to a boil, add pasta and simmer for about 10 minutes until just cooked. Drain and cool under cold running water.
- Mix the celery, avocados, garlic and chopped cilantro in a bowl and add the cooled pasta. Sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- To make the dressing, place all the ingredients in a food proccessor and proccess until the cilantro is finely chopped. Pour over the salad and toss before serving. Garnish with cilantro.