Recipe by annconnolly
Try substituting the olive oil with hazelnut or walnut oil to add a subtle nutty flavour to the dressing. Use any pasta you like.
- 6 ounces bow tie pasta
- 2 medium oranges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 medium avocado
- 1⁄2 ounce pine nuts, toasted
- salt, and freshly ground
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in plenty of lightly salted boiling water for 8 -1 0 minutes or until al dente. Rinse well with cold water and drain thoroughly.
- Place in a salad bowl.
- Peel the oranges, carefully removing all the pith. Segment the oranges over a bowl to catch the juices and add the segments to the pasta.
- Mix the oil and wine vinegar with the reserved orange juice and season with salt and pepper. Carefully spoon the dressing.
- into the pasta, stirring gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the flavours to develop.
- just before serving, peel, quarter and thickly slice the avocado and gently fold it into the pasta. Sprinkle with the toasted pine kernels and serve immediately.
- Cook's note: Sprinkle the sliced avocado with lemon juice to prevent it turning brown.
- Variations: Replace the pine kernels with 2 tablespoons of bacon bits.