1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Smurfetta Chef #427781's Note:
Try substituting the olive oil with hazelnut or walnut oil to add a subtle nutty flavour to the dressing. Use any pasta you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the pasta in plenty of lightly salted boiling water for 8 -1 0 minutes or until al dente. Rinse well with cold water and drain thoroughly.
- 2Place in a salad bowl.
- 3Peel the oranges, carefully removing all the pith. Segment the oranges over a bowl to catch the juices and add the segments to the pasta.
- 4Mix the oil and wine vinegar with the reserved orange juice and season with salt and pepper. Carefully spoon the dressing.
- 5into the pasta, stirring gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the flavours to develop.
- 6just before serving, peel, quarter and thickly slice the avocado and gently fold it into the pasta. Sprinkle with the toasted pine kernels and serve immediately.
- 7Cook's note: Sprinkle the sliced avocado with lemon juice to prevent it turning brown.
- 8Variations: Replace the pine kernels with 2 tablespoons of bacon bits.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado and Orange Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.0
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 35.9 mg
- Sodium 12.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar