1/3 Photos of Avocado and Onion Salad
Halcyon Eve's Note:
Lovely, simple recipe from www.avocadosalad.com; I haven't tried it yet, but I can just imagine how wonderful it will be next summer with homegrown tomatoes! Mmmmmm.... Also, while the salad says to toss the salad components and dressing, the picture shown was of a beautiful salad constructed of layers. So I'm modifying the instructions to make it as shown. If you're short on time or patience, just gently toss it all together, season with salt & pepper, and dish up. Times are estimates.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 large ripe tomato, sliced (ideally homegrown or at least an heirloom variety)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- additional cilantro leaf, for garnish
- 1On individual salad plates, layer tomato, bell pepper, onion rings, and avocado slices.
- 2Toss together the chopped cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over salads.
- 3Garnish with a few leaves of cilantro and serve.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado and Onion Salad
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.5
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 3.1 g