Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Only make enough servings of this to eat immediately. Otherwise the avocado turns brown.
- 1⁄4 cup oat bran flour
- 1 tablespoon fast rising yeast
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup warm water (approx.)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 avocado
- 1 plum tomato
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2 -3 large mushrooms
- Use a double boiler setup to keep the dough warm while you are working on it (float a pan inside another pan that has warm water in it and have the stove on low to maintain the warmth) you will make the dough in the floating pan.
- Put the oat bran flour and the salt in the dry pan and let it warm while you are getting the yeast ready.
- Warm the water to about warm bath water (100-110 degrees) add olive oil and pour in yeast. Stir to start dissolving yeast.
- Pour yeast mixture slowly into flour and stir to a sticky ball. (you won't need all the water).
- Cover the pan with a towel to let yeast rise while getting other ingredients ready.
- Saute mushrooms lightly in water and set aside ( use olive oil if you'd like).
- Chop onions and tomatoes and set aside.
- Have a cookie sheet sitting on another burner on the stove on low and dust the cookie sheet with oat bran flour.
- Throw some flour on the dough before handling it because it's really really sticky and transfer it to the cookie sheet.
- Spread the dough out thin and put it in a preheated 425 degree oven for about 5 minutes, til light brown.
- Peel and mash up avocado.
- Spread the avocado on the crust and use mushrooms, onions, and tomato for toppings.