1/3 Photos of Avocado and Lime With Bacon on Toast
bluemoon downunder's Note:
Hardly qualifies as a recipe it’s so simple, but its charm as a breakfast, brunch or lunch dish is in its simplicity, in the contrasting tastes and textures of the avocado, lime and bacon, and in the contrast between the coolness of the first two ingredients and the warmth of the bacon. I’m posting this recipe so that those who have never tried it can do so and to remind those – like me – who haven’t made it for a while but know how delicious it is, to make it again. This version of the recipe serves the avocado and bacon on toast. Avocado and bacon is equally delicious in untoasted, really fresh crusty bread - or in whatever is your favourite bread. I came across this particular version of it today in a magazine, the April edition of “Super Food Ideas”. With its combination of avocado and lime juice, this recipe echoes Mexican dishes, but without the heat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Halve, deseed and peel the avocados.
- 2Slice lengthways into 1 cm thick slices.
- 3Place in a large bowl, drizzle with lime juice and season with pepper and salt.
- 4Toss gently to coat with the lime juice. Set aside for ten minutes.
- 5Preheat the grill on a medium-high heat.
- 6Cut bacon rashers in half, unless your have bought middle rashers in which case they are probably just the right size.
- 7Place the bacon on the grill in a single layer.
- 8Grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until the bacon is beginning to crisp.
- 9Drain on the bacon paper towels.
- 10Grill the bread for one to two minutes on each side or until golden and toasted. (optional) Some people may want their bread untoasted.
- 11Spread lightly with butter. (optional).
- 12Place toast on plates.
- 13Top with avocado, bacon and a sprig of parsley.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado and Lime With Bacon on Toast
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.8
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 29.7 mg
- Sodium 794.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 12.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: