Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Who knew this combination could be so good! We love Avocados and this is a great "Avie fix" and a refreshing cold soup. I used low fat chicken broth and fat free half and half to reduce the damage a little. Refrigeration time is NOT included, two hours in the refrigerator seemed about right.
- 709.77 ml chicken broth
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 59.14 ml fresh lime juice
- 0.59 ml garlic powder
- 236.59 ml half-and-half
- lime slice (to garnish)
- Peel, Pit and dice the avocados.
- In a blender, puree chicken broth, diced avocados, lime juice and garlic powder.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl, stir in half and half.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
- To serve, divide soup into chilled bowls and garnish with lime slices.
This is great! I made it into a shake instead of soup -- beat in heavy cream and drank it out of a glass.