Recipe by Julesong
I love both avocado and raw kohlrabi, so this salad is a favorite of mine. Enjoy!
Top Review by Sackville
I made a variation of this as I had avocados and kohlrabi which both needed to be used up but no feta cheese or lime juice. Instead I used lemon juice and shaved in some parmesan towards the end -- a very nice combination and I'm sure the feta/lime mixture would be equally good. I do think 3 kohlrabi bulbs would be a bit much though. I had one with 2 avocados and it was plenty, both in terms of a ratio in the salad and also in terms of how much it made it total. We had enough for 4 appetiser servings. If you wanted a meal-sized portion you would have to add more but I personally would also increase the amount of avocado.
- 3 medium kohlrabi, bulbs
- 2 ripe avocados
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the kohlrabi by cutting off the top and bottom, and peeling with a potato peeler.
- Cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices, then cut the slices into chunks.
- Place in a bowl.
- Cut avocados in half lengthwise.
- Tap the blade of a heavy knife in the pit, twist to remove, and discard.
- Quarter and peel avocados, then cut into chunks.
- Drizzle lime juice over avocados to prevent browning and to add flavor; set aside.
- Whisk together green onion, balsamic vinegar, oil, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over kohlrabi and mix to cover.
- Mix together the chunked avocados and the kohlrabi mixture.
- Make a bed of the salad on four plates, and sprinkle each with feta cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!