1/2 Photos of Avocado and Kale Delight
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
Raw Vegans will definitely like this one. It's really tasty. I didn't follow the directions exact because I wanted to keep my tomatoes and avocado a little on the chunky side so I didn't add them until after the kale was massaged. I also cut back on the cayenne because neither my DH or I care for our food too hot or spicy. According to the recipe this is a good for your heart and cholesterol. I got the recipe from Gone Vegan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Removed the tough stems from the kale and then shred it. Now I am not sure how one would shred kale, so I cut it up by rolling the leaves and slicing them thin. This is called Chiffonade.
- 2Cut up the tomato in pieces. Remove the avocado from it's rind, discard the seed and cut it up in pieces.
- 3Now this is where I changed the recipe. I added the oil, lemon juice, salt and cayenne to the kale and massaged it for a few minutes to help break down the kale. Believe it or not it does actually tenderize the leaves. I don't like kale raw as a rule, but this I will eat. I liked that I left the tomato and avocado in pieces, I think I liked this texture better.
- 4If you want you can add all the ingredients together and massage it. It will be mushy, but this is up to you how you'd like it.
- 5That's it, you're done. Put it in a dish and eat. It's filling.
- 6Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado and Kale Delight
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.2
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: