Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The avocado replaces Swiss cheese, but I still like my Swiss added.
Make and share this Avocado and Ham Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 6 French baguettes, about 6 inches long each
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- freshly ground coarse black pepper
- sea salt
- 3⁄4 lb sliced virginia ham
- 3 Hass avocadoes, peeled and sliced
- Split each baguette horizontally along one side, leaving the other side intact. Open the pieces so they lie flat.
- Stir the mayonnaise or butter, mustard and pepper together until smooth, and spread on both sides of the bread. Layer with the ham and avocado; sprinkle with the sea salt.
- Keep chilled and serve within 3 hours.
Made this with leftover baked ham from Christmas and it was perfect. Made as written using mayo and half the amount of pepper and tons of avocado. Made for I Recommend Holiday Tag.
This was the perfect take to work sandwich! Flavorful, and can be made really on any bread you choose. The hard roll worked well as it didn't get soggy which was wonderful! Thank you Gail! I'll be taking this little gem to work often! (Made for Holiday Tag)
Simple ingredients that go so well together I used may and mustard and a thinly sliced smoky ham and has avocado and served on 17cm (6 2/3") long wholemeal roll and as my avocado was large I only was able to use 3/4 of it but the DM and I thoroughly enjoyed our lunch today, thank you Gailanng, made for Please Review My Recipe.