Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Similar to guacamole but with the creaminess of goat cheese.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 red fresno chilies, seeded and minced (jalapenos or Serranos ok)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cut avocados in half with knife and separate.
- Remove seed, and with a large spoon, scoop out flesh into a bowl.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the avocado and mash the flesh with a fork.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately or store refrigerated, with one of the avocado seeds pressed into the dip to help retain its color (also cover with plastic wrap pressed down to keep air off).
- Goes well with tortilla chips, warm tortillas, toasted pita bread, fresh veggies and crudites, as a topping for chimichangas, whatever you desire; just don't go putting dallops into your margaritas!
very interesting, unique and tasty for the goat cheese lover! dh was pleasantly suprized to have guac with a different flavor for his burritos! used serrano peppers, fresh parsley instead of cilantro, and added minced red onion. thanks for another keeper, sue l!
I made this last night for a gathering and it was well liked. I think , for my taste, I might go a little lighter on the goat cheese. If you LOVE goat cheese, by all means, go for it!
This recipe is such a treat. I work on one of the best goat daries in the US, so I have access to excellent chevre (Split Creek Farm). If you like guacamole, or goat cheese, or both you will love it.