Recipe by Sue Lau
Similar to guacamole but with the creaminess of goat cheese.
Top Review by KPD
very interesting, unique and tasty for the goat cheese lover! dh was pleasantly suprized to have guac with a different flavor for his burritos! used serrano peppers, fresh parsley instead of cilantro, and added minced red onion. thanks for another keeper, sue l!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 lime, juice of
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 red fresno chilies, seeded and minced (jalapenos or Serranos ok)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut avocados in half with knife and separate.
- Remove seed, and with a large spoon, scoop out flesh into a bowl.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the avocado and mash the flesh with a fork.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately or store refrigerated, with one of the avocado seeds pressed into the dip to help retain its color (also cover with plastic wrap pressed down to keep air off).
- Goes well with tortilla chips, warm tortillas, toasted pita bread, fresh veggies and crudites, as a topping for chimichangas, whatever you desire; just don't go putting dallops into your margaritas!