Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Southern Living, some time ago. Serve with tortilla chips. Delicious!
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped purple onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Combine the chopped avocado and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients, folding in cheese last.
- Serve right away with tortilla chips.
I first had this when a friend made it and I got the recipe from her. As I was searching this database to see if there was something similar, I found this one and it's exactly the same recipe. I prepared it exactly the way it was written, and I absolutely love it. I'm not a fan of avocados (I'm learning to like them), but I'm hooked on this salsa! I made it today for our Easter gathering and it was devoured in no time - next time I'll be sure to make a double batch.
Oh, myyyyy! this is delicious! Dukeswalker served this at a party, and it was absolutely devoured. Made it for our dinner party yesterday, and it was (once again) a huge hit. This is savory.....not at all overpowering.
Loved this! We doubled the recipe (except the feta - we kept that the same) and then we used about 1/4 cup fresh cilantro instead of the parsley and oregano. It was YUMMY!!!!