Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
This recipe was in Feb 04 Vegetarian Times. A tasty light wrap for lunch with great flavors.
- 1 ripe avocado, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetarian bacon bits
- 1⁄4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 16 grape tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded leaf lettuce, plus
- 1⁄2 head leaf lettuce (to garnish)
- 4 (8 inch) plain low-fat flour tortillas or 4 (8 inch) flavored tortillas
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Put diced avocado into a mixing bowl, stir in in feta cheese, lime juice and black pepper.
- Add scallions, bacon bits, sunflower seeds and mayonnaise, stirring gently to combine.
- Stir in grape tomatoes and shredded lettuce.
- Spray tortillas lightly with nonstick cooking spray and heat in oven until softened (about 30 seconds.
- Remove from oven and place each tortilla on individual plates.
- to serve, line each tortilla with whole lettuce leaf and mound salad mixture on top.
This was an outstanding sandwich wrap. Tasted like it came out of health foods cafe. I used real bacon and omitted the mayonnaise. I look forward to trying more of your recipes. Roxygirl