This recipe was my wonderful mother's. Having been raised in California, we ate avocados every day. This is one of my husband's favorites. It can also be used on a sandwich and recently I actually smashed it up and filled eggs with it. A big hit with my friends.
- Cut ripe avocado into chunks.
- Hard boil egg and chop; add to avocado.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Let stand or refrigerate for a little while, but not too long as avocados may turn.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce for salad.
- Sprinkle a little paprika on top for color.
I came on looking for an easy recipe to use an avocado, since ours was at the far end of ripe. This recipe is *awesome*! We upped it to 3 eggs, and (garlic lover though I am) I would still halve the garlic in the future, but the combination of flavors is fantastic! Perfect as sandwich filling on whole wheat bread.
looks gross...tastes good. i used 4 eggs with 1 avocado...left everything else the same, except subbing greek yogurt for the mayo (since i never use mayo). yummy...and different egg salad sandwich. thanks for posting
I doubled the recipe, except for the garlic powder, added 3oz of smoked salmon & 1T of sour cream, as another reviewer suggested. Served on whole wheat toast...flavorful delightful goodness. Thanks!