1/1 Photo of Avocado and Crab Thermidor (Easy Microwave Fix)
This is recipe #4 from *Microwave Cooking* by Lorna Rhodes & another that gets high marks from me because of my particular fondness for its ingredients & versatility. I modified the recipe slightly w/the addition of Old Bay as I favor using it w/crabmeat. This recipe works well 2 ways: 1) As a starter or a salad course atop a bed of lettuce to serve 8 … or … 2) As a main entrée for a luncheon or dinner meal to serve 4. *Enjoy* !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 5 ounces milk
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning (more to taste)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 8 ounces crabmeat (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 2 large avocados (halved & stones removed)
- 4 teaspoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1Place butter in a bowl & microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds. Stir in flour & return to the microwave for 30 seconds.
- 2Pour milk into a sml jug or lrg coffee mug & heat on HIGH for 1 minute. Then gradually blend heated milk into butter/flour mixture. Cook on HIGH for 2 minutes, whisking every 30 seconds.
- 3Add next 5 ingredients (tomato puree thru salt & pepper) to the sauce & stir in the crabmeat.
- 4Sprinkle avocado flesh w/remaining lemon juice. Pile crabmeat filling into avocado halves & sprinkle w/Parmesan cheese.
- 5Place in a shallow dish & cook on HIGH for 3 minutes. Serve hot w/brown bread & butter.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado and Crab Thermidor (Easy Microwave Fix)
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.8
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 38.2 mg
- Sodium 547.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 15.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning