Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lower fat recipe for a summer classic! We love chicken salad year round and this one is truly one of our favorite recipes. It's great for croissant sandwiches or on a bed of lettuce for a great salad! Enjoy! (Does not include cook time for chicken).
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and cubed (ripe)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (divided)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 2 cups red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream (or mayonnaise)
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted (or walnuts)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a small bowl, toss avocado with 1 tablespoon lemon juice; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, grapes, apple, celery, mayonnaise, walnuts, ginger and remaining lemon juice. Stir in avocado. Serve on lettuce-lined plates if desired.
We loved this recipe. I had to use canned chicken the first time and it was still wonderful.