Recipe by NYSally
I made this salad one day to use up an avocado. A few days later I had a leftover chicken breast so I made it again. It is so easy and yummy I decided to share it here. Great way to use up that one leftover chicken breast for a healthy lunch. Easy to make for one or a group.
- 2 cups salad greens
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and cubed (about 4 oz.)
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced into 1/2 in. chunks
- 3 teaspoons lime juice (juice from one lime)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and prepare salad greens (I like to use bagged salad).
- Spread salad greens on plate or in large bowl.
- Top greens with cooked, cubed chicken and chunks of avocado.
- Sprinkle with lime juice, red pepper, and balsamic vinegar.
- Top with dash of salt and pepper to taste.