Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a good recipe for a buffet, looks great and tastes good too. Cook time does not take in 2 hrs of refrigeration time.
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 6 chicken breasts, cooked skinned and cubed
- 225 g Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 300 ml double cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ripe avocados
- 2 ripe tomatoes, skinned and seeded
- 2 green chilies
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 limes, juice of or lemon
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 25 g chopped pecan nuts or 25 g use sliced almonds
- Spray a 9inch (23cm) ring mould.
- Mix the cubed chicken with the cream cheese, cream and half the salt& pepper.
- Cut two of the avocados in half and remove the flesh.
- Puree the avocado flesh, tomatoes, chillies, onion, olive oil and half the lime or lemon juice in a food processor.
- Press half the chicken mixture into the ring mould, spoon on the avocado mixture and then the remaining chicken mixture.
- Press with the back of a wooden spoon to ensure there are no cavities.
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Run a spatula around the edge of the mould to loosen the mixture without breaking it, and then invert the mould on to a serving dish.
- Halve and mash the remaining avocados with the mayonnaise and the remaining lime or lemon juice, salt and pepper and cover the chicken ring with this mixture.
- Garnish with chopped pecan nuts or almonds and serve immediately.