1/3 Photos of Avocado and Chicken Melts
Jen T's Note:
This is nice for an easy brunch/lunch/supper dish. I made these up when I had a couple of avocados that needed using and some uncooked chicken left over from making another dish. You can also use some crushed garlic in with the avocado and also top with sliced tomato before topping with the cheese. I have also made this with some shredded chicken from the deli and this works well too. If your avocado is still firm just use slices instead of mashing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice chicken breast if using horizontally through middle.
- 2Place raw chicken on plate and squeeze over the juice from 1/2 a lemon.
- 3Sprinkle with the garlic pepper and turn to coat.
- 4Leave to marinate for a few mins then drain and fry in a little oil until golden brown on each side.
- 5Remove from pan and slice.
- 6Place avocado into a bowl and mash (if soft) or slice.
- 7Add juice of other 1/2 of lemon, salt, crushed garlic (if using)and freshly ground black pepper and mix well.
- 8Place the four slices of bread on a baking paper lined tray and place in hot oven and grill/broil for a few mins until lightly browned.
- 9Remove tray from oven, turn bread slices over and spread right to the edges with the mashed or sliced avocado.
- 10Top with the chopped chicken, sliced tomatoes (if using) and cover with grated cheese and return to oven and grill/broil until cheese melts.
- 11Remove from oven and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado and Chicken Melts
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 494.5
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 36.1 mg
- Sodium 817.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 20.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: