Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great brunch or lunch sandwich. It would also be great on lightly toasted French bread. You can leave off the brie and it's still wonderful and refreshing.
- 2 bagels, halved and lightly toasted
- butter or margarine, to spread on bagel
- 2 -4 slices brie cheese, a few thin slices, depending on size of cheese
- 4 slices sweet onions, 4 thin slices
- 1 Hass avocado (the one with the brown skin)
- 1 small lime
- salt and pepper
- Spread butter or margarine on bagel halves.
- Put thin slices of brie on that.
- Layer 1 slice of onion on the brie.
- Put a layer of sliced avocado on the onion.
- Squeeze some lime juice on the avocado.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
- Eat open faced.
I was looking for this recipe in my files, and when I found it I couldn't believe that I forgot to review it. We had this as part of a Mothers Day Brunch, and it was a huge success. Everybody loved it, and the tangy lime juice really cuts through the creaminess of the brie and avocado. This will be making MANY repeat appearances at our table. Thanks for the great dish, Nana Amy!