Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Tyler Florence, "How to Boil Water"
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 pinch salt, plus
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 limes (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from about 2 ears)
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 small red onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small Hass avocado, halved, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaves and stems, chopped
- Make the dressing: Smash the garlic clove, sprinkle with a pinch of the salt, and, with the flat side of a large knife, mash and smear the mixture to a coarse paste. Whisk the garlic paste, lime juice, salt and chili powder together in a bowl. Gradually whisk in the olive oil, starting with a few drops and then adding the rest in a steady stream.
- For the salad: Cook the corn, bell pepper, and onions in the olive oil until beginning to brown over medium-high heat in a skillet. Toss in the black beans and cook until warm. Add the dressing and toss to coat evenly. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and gently fold in the tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro. Serve.
Pretty darn good. I really, REALLY liked the dressing for this. Dh doesn't like avocado but liked the rest. I thought the avocado gave it a tase/texture that really improved the overall combination. Had to use canned tomatoes 'cause of the recent problems but I don't think that detracted from it too much. Made For ZWT4 for Daffy Daffodils.