Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'm always on the lookout for any recipe containing avocado, black beans and corn. This great summer salad was sent to me in a recipe exchange and I fell in love with it. Great salad to have for Cinco de Mayo.
- 2 -3 avocados, chopped
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen white corn, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of, freshly squeezed
- 1 dash coarse salt
- 1 dash olive oil
- Mix together all of the above ingredients. I'm an avocado lover, so I use three, but two is good. You can use fresh corn if you prefer and also use as much chopped onion or squeezed lime as you like. In fact, all of the ingredients are to your own liking, use as much or as little as you want. The lime juice helps to keep the avocado from turning brown. Refrigerate for a couple of hours and serve cold. Enjoy!
There is no pepper in it to cause indigestion. Lots of avocados & tomatoes. Hope to make it soon.
I make something similar to this. It has all the named ingredients PLUS mango chunks, torn rocket/arugula leaves, and a little bit of finely chopped red chile. Usually I don't have the latter, so I use a half tsp of finely chopped jalapeno relish that I canned a year or two ago. The spicy rocket and sweetness of the mango make this salad TO DIE FOR. That's the opinion wherever I bring it, which I do a lot. Yum, yum!
Where do I begin? I added some red and yellow pepper, jalapeno, and used roasted corn. Served it with warm cornbread! My Dad-Mr Meat and potatoes....was very pleased with the meatless meal! In fact asked to have it again soon!