These muffins go well with soup for an easy meal, or make mini ones and serve as finger food.
Make and share this Avocado and Bacon Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Sieve the first four dry ingredients into a large bowl and add the pepper, cheese and spring onions.
- Stir to combine.
- Chop the bacon finely and cook in a pan or under the grill until crisp.
- Keep the bacon drippings.
- Melt the butter and add the egg, milk& bacon dripping and beat to combine.
- Halve the avocado, scoop out the flesh and cut into small cubes.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Then add them to the liquid mixture.
- Add the bacon then mix into dry ingredients.
- Stir only to just combine.
- Put about 1/4 cup of mixture into each sprayed or greased muffin cup.
- Bake at 200 deg C (400F) for approx 10 mins or until the muffins spring back when pressed lightly in centre.
- I make either 24 mini or 12 medium muffins and serve them warm.