Due to a terrible food allergy I have to cook all fruit I eat. I love guacamole but unfortunately there are horrible side effects when I eat it. So I came up with my own version. Who knew that cooking the avocados would intensify the flavor so much! Everyone who has tried this has told me it is the best guac they've ever eaten. Perfect for pot lucks or casual dinner parties. Best the next day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, cook bacon until crispy.
- 2While bacon is cooking, halve the avocados and remove the pits. Using a spoon, scoop the flesh out (try to keep the shape).
- 3Once bacon is done, remove from pan with slotted spoon and set aside.
- 4In the same skillet, place avocados cut side down in the drippings and add the onion. (Make sure it's on HIGH heat. You want it to sear). Cook until the onion is tender and the avocados are browned on both sides. About 5-6 minutes.
- 5Remove avocados and onion and place in medium bowl.
- 6Add lemon juice, bacon, garlic, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes.
- 7Mash until desired consistency.
- 8Stir in tomato and sour cream. Adjust spices to taste.
- 9Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. (If it lasts that long).
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado and Bacon Dip
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.6
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 24.7 mg
- Sodium 462.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 6.5 g