Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Due to a terrible food allergy I have to cook all fruit I eat. I love guacamole but unfortunately there are horrible side effects when I eat it. So I came up with my own version. Who knew that cooking the avocados would intensify the flavor so much! Everyone who has tried this has told me it is the best guac they've ever eaten. Perfect for pot lucks or casual dinner parties. Best the next day!
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crispy.
- While bacon is cooking, halve the avocados and remove the pits. Using a spoon, scoop the flesh out (try to keep the shape).
- Once bacon is done, remove from pan with slotted spoon and set aside.
- In the same skillet, place avocados cut side down in the drippings and add the onion. (Make sure it's on HIGH heat. You want it to sear). Cook until the onion is tender and the avocados are browned on both sides. About 5-6 minutes.
- Remove avocados and onion and place in medium bowl.
- Add lemon juice, bacon, garlic, salt, pepper, and pepper flakes.
- Mash until desired consistency.
- Stir in tomato and sour cream. Adjust spices to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. (If it lasts that long).
I halved the recipe and did not cook the ave but added the crispy bacon and it is delicious. I used lite sour cream and had it with table water crackers.