Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This can be served on a bed of lettuce but is better on a bed of spinach.
- 2 avocados, pitted and sliced
- 2 apples, cored and sliced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup slivered toasted almond
- Arrange apples and avocados on a plate or on a bed of greens.
- Whisk together mustard, lemon juice and oil in small bowl.
- Pour dressing over apple and avocado slices, and sprinkle with parsley and almonds.
This is a great salad that includes some of my favourite things - avocado, apples and almonds! I used a vibrant yellow Spanish olive oil and had to skip the parsley because I don't have any. My son and I enjoyed this salad with chicken quesadillas. I would make this again for sure! Made for Went To The Market tag game. Thanks Nyteglori! :)
A great combination! I did serve this on a bed of baby spinach and used Honeycrisp apples. Loved the dressing. I'll be making this again..... maybe I'll even add some blue cheese or chevre. Thanx!
A delightful salad made for my daughter's 21st birthday. I used fuji apples. As I only had ground almonds I first mixed the parsley and almond meal together and then sprinkled that on top. I'm really pleased I did add the almond meal and not omit it as I first thought. Great recipe Nyteglori.