Recipe by Sharon123
You may serve this aioli as a dip, a sandwich spread or or to accompany grilled salmon or chicken. Adapted from Food & Wine magazine.
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
This is very good. I followed the ingredients except I didn't put in the jalapeno because they make me cry. I only put in the lime juice. I ran out of lemon juice. Made for Holiday Tag 2007
- 3 Hass avocadoes
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 seeded unseeded jalapeno pepper, minced (or less to taste)
- 1 small shallot, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, coarsely mash the avocados with a fork. Fold in the sour cream, basil, garlic, lemon juice, lime juice, chile and shallot. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- The avocado aioli may be made ahead and can be covered with plastic wrap, pressed directly onto the surface and refrigerated overnight.