Recipe by Aunt Cookie
From Sundays at Moosewood. This is a nice refreshing side salad. It's great for summer...no cooking!
- 2 small avocados
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 10 whole Spanish olives, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Tabasco sauce
- cilantro, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the avocados in half (carefully, if you want to use the shells to serve the salad). Scoop out the insides and chop finely.
- Combine all of the chopped vegetables with the olives, and season with lime juice, salt, pepper and tabasco to taste.
- Add the avocado and stir carefully, trying not to mash the avocado.
- Heap the salad into the avocado shells and serve. Garnish with cilantro if desired.