From Sundays at Moosewood. This is a nice refreshing side salad. It's great for summer...no cooking!
- 2 small avocados
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup tomato, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 10 whole Spanish olives, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Tabasco sauce
- cilantro, for garnish
- Cut the avocados in half (carefully, if you want to use the shells to serve the salad). Scoop out the insides and chop finely.
- Combine all of the chopped vegetables with the olives, and season with lime juice, salt, pepper and tabasco to taste.
- Add the avocado and stir carefully, trying not to mash the avocado.
- Heap the salad into the avocado shells and serve. Garnish with cilantro if desired.
This is just delicious! I leave out the olives and don't use Tabasco sauce- still wonderful flavor! It is tangy from the lime juice, but the mellow avocado balances it out.
I've just been diagnosed with diabetes & this recipe fit perfectly into my new diet plan. It was easy to make & tasted wonderful. I will definitely be making it again.
wonderful flavor, texture and color. i omitted the olives by accident, but will be sure to add them next time. very nice fresh salad.