Top Review by twissis
I love anything w/avocado, so I was a cinch to love these potatoes & I did. The proportions allow the mellow flavour of the avocado to shine & I esp liked the use of ranch dressing here as it adds a tasty dimension absent in other recipes like it. The recipe was an easy quick fix using my immersion blender & seems to welcome pers pref. I like cheddar cheese a lot too, but felt some crispy bits of bacon & freshly snipped chives would be excellent in place of the cheese. They were a great side to pork cutlets in a light sauce & are sure to be repeated, so thx for sharing the recipe w/us. :-)
- 4 baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- Prick potatoes with a fork or skewer to let the steam out during cooking, then place on a tray and bake until tender when pierced with a fork or skewer.
- Remove spuds from oven.
- Cut a hole in the top of each spud and scoop out the flesh, leaving enough on the sides to hold them firmly in shape. Place the removed flesh into a bowl, discarding the skin you cut out.
- Mash the flesh with a fork or potato masher until no large pieces remain. Add butter and mix into potatoes.
- Add avocado and ranch dressing to the mashed spud, stirring until all combined.
- Scoop mixture into the shell of each potato, piling up on top to use all the mash.
- Place grated cheese on top of each spud.
- Return spuds to the oven for 5-10 minutes until cheese has melted.