Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is not only the best cheesecake, it is the easiest cake I know. This is my mother-in-law's recipe and it is fabulous! Cooking time does not include refrigeration of the cake after baking.
- 200 g petit beurre biscuits (or any other biscuit you like)
- 750 g white cheese, 5%
- 2 eggs
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 200 ml sour cream
- 200 ml white yogurt
- 118.29-158.51 ml sugar (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Using a mixer (I use the setting for grating vegetables) grate all the biscuits into biscuit crumbs.
- Pour biscuit crumbs into a 26 cm round cake tin.
- Mix the white cheese, the eggs and the 3/4 cup sugar in a mixing bowl and pour over crumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Mix the sour cream, the yoghurt and the sugar (the recipe calls for 1/2 cup; my husband likes a bit more).
- When the 30 minutes are up, pour sour cream mix slowly over the baked cheese. If you pour fast, the cheese will break. It doesn't harm the taste, but it looks less nice.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- When cool, put in the fridge for at least 24 hours.
- It tastes even better after 48 hours.
- Optional: You can also use 300 gr of biscuits and use a larger pan. The result is a layer of biscuits, a thin layer of cheese and a thin layer of sour cream. It is also good, but I prefer this version.
This was so, so good! I made it exactly as written except I cooked it in individual tart pans. It is creamy just like we like our cheesecake in New York. I will certainly be making this again. Made for PAC Spring 2012.