Recipe by koukla007
this is a greek soup, it's a lemony chicken noodle [or rice] kinda soup. i learned the recipe from my yia-yia [grandmother] when i was younger. it's great for those cold wintery days or a rainy fall or spring day. or if you're just in the mood for some soup. now you can either used canned chicken noodle/chicken and rice soup [which is fastest] or make homemade chicken soup which is healthier and probably overall better tasting. but it's up to you. this recipe is going to go by the canned soup.
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed reduced-sodium chicken noodle soup or 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans chicken and rice soup
- 2 eggs
- lemon juice (store bought or fresh squeezed. amount needed is fit to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken soup on stove per directions on the can.
- In a large, metallic heat resistant bowl beat the 2 eggs with at least 1/4 cup of lemon juice.
- Once the soup is cooked, take a ladle and add broth only [as much as you can help avoiding the other ingredients] and add it to the egg and lemon juice mixture. As you ladle in the broth, constantly beat the egg and juice as to not let the egg start to cook due to the heat of the broth.
- Add as much of the broth to the bowl as you can then pour the contents of the bowl back into the pot with the noodles.
- Stir the soup to mix the broth throughout. Taste test to see if you'd like to add more lemon.
- Enjoy with a roll or delicious bread of your choice! Opa!