Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
from the New York Times: good when it's chilly outside or when someone isn't feeling well
- Bring the broth to a boil and add the rice.
- Reduce the heat to medium/medium high and cook until the rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the broth from the heat.
- Just before serving, beat the eggs with a beater until they are light and frothy.
- Slowly beat in the lemon juice.
- Dilute the eggs and lemon juice mixture with 2 cups of the hot broth, beating constantly until it is well-mixed.
- Add the diluted egg-lemon mixture to the rest of the soup, beating constantly.
- Bring ALMOST to the boiling point but DO NOT BOIL or the soup will curdle.
- Serve immediately.