Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
Put a little "boing" in your shrimp. Avery Island, LA is the home of Tabasco Sauce. The "island" is basically sort of a "salt hill" in the wetlands, formed by ancient deposits. A lot of that salt ends up in your Tabasco Sauce, along with some nice ripe red chile peppers and wine vinegar. It's one of my favorites, and this recipe adds a little Tabasco pizazz to your party.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb breaded shrimp (frozen or your own)
Deviled Shrimp Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared mustard (ballpark is good!)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook breaded shrimp in 3 tablespoons butter until browned.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- For the sauce: Saute onion and garlic in the 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add remaining ingredients except lemon juice.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simer for 15 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 1 cup.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Add shrimp and toss to coat a bit.
- Serve as an appetizer.