Put a little "boing" in your shrimp. Avery Island, LA is the home of Tabasco Sauce. The "island" is basically sort of a "salt hill" in the wetlands, formed by ancient deposits. A lot of that salt ends up in your Tabasco Sauce, along with some nice ripe red chile peppers and wine vinegar. It's one of my favorites, and this recipe adds a little Tabasco pizazz to your party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb breaded shrimp (frozen or your own)
Deviled Shrimp Sauce
- 1Cook breaded shrimp in 3 tablespoons butter until browned.
- 2Remove from heat and keep warm.
- 3For the sauce: Saute onion and garlic in the 2 tablespoons butter.
- 4Add remaining ingredients except lemon juice.
- 5Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simer for 15 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 1 cup.
- 6Add the lemon juice.
- 7Add shrimp and toss to coat a bit.
- 8Serve as an appetizer.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avery Island Deviled Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.5
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 129.8 mg
- Sodium 796.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 17.1 g